Terms and Conditions
By submitting any proposals, all participants represent and warrant to Sunrise Artists hereto that as of the date hereof:
- All participants must be 18 years of age or older.
- All submissions are participants’ original work and, at the time of submission, the participant declares having all ownership rights in the submission of such work.
- Participant agrees that it will defend, indemnify and hold Sunrise Artists harmless from any action brought against Sunrise Artists to the extent that such action is based upon a claim that any submission infringe upon a patent, copyright, trade secret, or other proprietary right or interest of any third party. Participant will pay all costs, fees, expenses, damages and reasonable legal fees incurred by Sunrise Artists, which are attributed to such claim. Sunrise Artists will notify participant in writing of any such action or claim known to Sunrise Artists and provide reasonable cooperation in defending such action or claim.
- In order that the participant has control over the direction, integrity and use of his or her work, as a general principle ownership of all types of intellectual property shall rest with the participant who creates it. Such ownership is recognized as an integral part of artistic freedom.
- Posting of the work is at the sole discretion of Sunrise Artists.
- The judging staff will select the winning submission at their sole discretion.
- Participants selected by Sunrise Artists will be required to come in for an interview. The final selection(s) will be made after all of the personal interviews are completed.
- Participants will be required to be present at the organized event and all other meetings prior to or after, including interviews with members of the media. Participant further agrees to participate with Sunrise Artists in any publication or advertising, sales, promotional, press releases, or publicity materials.
- If participant work is selected for Sunrise Artists events, it must be available for the day of the organized event. Participant will be responsible in bringing in the work to the event and removing the work at the closing.
- In no event shall Sunrise Artists be liable to any participant for, and Sunrise Artists hereby specifically disclaims liability for, any and all damages to work displayed at events, as well as any other damages that may be suffered by participant, whether for lost revenues, lost profits, or for any indirect, special, incidental, consequential, punitive or exemplary damages, whether such damages or losses arise in contract, tort, negligence, strict liability or otherwise, even if Sunrise Artists has been advised of the possibility of such damages or losses.
- Once chosen, we require that you provide Sunrise Artists with all of your contact information. You must immediately notify Sunrise Artists of any changes.
- Participant may enter for consideration paintings, photographs, graphic art, collage art, and other visual media by submitting a minimum of five digital photographs (in JPG or JPEG format) of your work through the Proposals page. You should submit images saved with maximum quality compression with a long dimension of at least 640 pixels at 72 or 300 dpi. Please try to keep the file size under 10 MB.
- Participants may submit more than one entry. However, each artist is eligible to participate in only one event.
- No submissions will be considered if they are defamatory, abusive, obscene, profane or otherwise offensive or in poor taste. Anyone who participates in the competition in a disrespectful or unlawful manner, including making hostile or negative comments related to age, disability, race, nationality, religion, sexual orientation, or gender identity, will be disqualified without prior notice at Sunrise Artists sole discretion.
- Participants authorize Sunrise Artists to publish the submitted work in digital and print format without restriction or compensation.
- It is recommended that participants include a price tag for each of the featured pieces.
Sunrise Artists will never collect commission for any of the pieces that are sold by its sponsored artists.
- The laws of the Province of Quebec and the laws of Canada applicable therein will govern the construction, interpretation and performance of the following terms and conditions.
This website is not intended to and does not create in any manner any binding obligation on the part of Sunrise Artists and or any of its representatives. Please note that Sunrise Artists, following its due diligence, may seek changes to the terms and conditions outlined in this website and add covenants. Further, please note that Sunrise Artists may decline further consideration of any work submitted at any point in the process, with no liability or obligations to the participant or any other persons.